As a retail merchandising or assembly employee in the field, you are the first visual representation of the company, so you need to look your best - the best version of you! Whether you're working at a big box retailer or in a customer's home, your appearance needs to be great. So before you leave for work, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, “Is this the best version of me?”
No cut offs, no flip flops, no wrinkled shirts, no baggy pants – neat, clean, and wrinkle-free. Have a beard? That’s cool. Just make sure it’s not out of control. Bust out the beard oil and scissors for a nice clean look. A properly groomed your face goes a long way in the workplace. Hair should be neat, clean, and trimmed. Remember, no oily or string hair either. If your hair is long and thin, consider pulling it back into a pony tail for work hours and let it loose in your personal time.
Respect the people you work with as you would when you would go to a wedding or a funeral. Keep your nails and hands clean. as well.
1. Wear clothes that are somewhat fitted- no baggy pants falling off your butt.
2. Always be neat and clean including your teeth, fingernails, face, hair and even your shoes.
3. Come to the workplace wrinkle-free! Irons go a long way. Or steam in your clothes in the bathroom!
4. Avoid eating candies, smoking cigarettes, vaping, and/or chewing gum when you are inside your workplace.
5. As much as possible get rid of tattoos and body piercings for these will just make you look less professional.
6. Wear light perfume and cologne and minimize the use of excessive jewelry. Moderation is key.
All of these things will help give off a stellar impression of the company you represent!